ITAD or IT Asset Disposal is the phasing out process for IT assets. Important factors to consider are data security, maximising value and contributing to environmental goals. Holland Recycling is the partner of choice for supervising the ITAD process at large and medium-sized companies.
What is IT Asset Disposal (ITAD)?
IT Asset Disposal is the disposal of used IT hardware. There are a number of important things that you need to bear in mind. In the first place, you want to be sure that your hardware is handled securely. Because we are specialists in the field of reuse, recycling and data destruction, you always come to the right place with us. We try to reuse hardware as much as possible, as this is the most sustainable solution. It is also the most advantageous option for you financially. Of course, the wishes and requirements of our customers always take precedence.
If reuse is no longer possible, your hardware is processed at our WEEELABEX-certified recycling site. First of all, your data is 100% destroyed in all cases, either by certified Certus software or by certified shredding of your hard disks.
Because we are specialists in the field of reuse, recycling and data destruction, you always come to the right place with us.
5 ITAD tips
In an ITAD process, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Data destruction! You don’t want your data to end up on the street. Make sure that the company you choose is equipped to destroy 100% of your data in a certified manner! The GDPR makes you responsible for this.
- Find a company that will give you a fair offer without hidden costs or snags. Your old hardware is often still worth a lot of money. Maximise your return and always choose a WEEELABEX-certified company.
- Socially responsible processing of your equipment. Choose a company with an eye for people and the environment and contribute to a better world. A lot of hardware disappears into the illegal circuit and you don’t want to contribute to that.
- Choose convenience! With many parties, you spend a lot of time drawing up lists. At Holland Recycling, you can ask us to bid on a list (if you already have one). You can also choose to have everything registered by us.
- Not really a tip, but it makes you feel really good! Make a wish come true. Holland Recycling is a partner of Make-A-Wish Netherlands. You can donate (part of) your residual value through us. Holland Recycling will then increase your donation by another 10%!
No fancy words, thick contracts and lots of promises, but clear agreements! By entrusting your ITAD process to Holland Recycling, you can be sure that you will easily achieve a higher return on your hardware. In addition, you can be sure that your data will be destroyed in a certified manner and that your hardware will be handled in the most sustainable way.
- Inventory of your hardware
You can provide a list yourself or we can do the inventory for you.
- Collecting your hardware
We do this ourselves to maintain maximum control over the logistics.
- Certified data destruction
Whether software-based or mechanical, your requirements or wishes take precedence.
- Testing your equipment
Everything is tested, repaired and upgraded in accordance with our WEEELABEX certification.
- Invoicing and payment
You will receive a clear invoice, followed quickly by your money.
- Inventory of your hardware